This is Echo. Echo was recently on a Labor Day camping trip with her owners and was playing in the rocks when she came back limping. They noticed a small wound on her leg and thought she scraped it, but the next morning they realized it was not a scrape but a snake bite. Her leg quickly swelled up to about 3 times its normal size. They rushed her back to Portland and took her to the local emergency clinic for treatment. It was suspected that it was a rattlesnake bite but it was too late for anti-venom so Echo was treated with IV fluids, antibiotics and pain medication. She was transferred to us the next day and we continued her treatment for the next 5-6 days. Her leg continued to swell and bruise but after a few days things started to reverse and she was soon home and doing well. She made a full recovery and that is why she is the first Pet of the Month at Parkway Veterinary Hospital.